To translate your text to the highest standard, I follow a three-step translation process aligned with my quality control procedure:
Step 1. Analysing your manuscript
As an initial step, I carefully analyse your document in order to:
- Identify the type of text, the genre, its features, characteristics, register, tone and style.
- Identify the purpose of the text and the audience.
Step 2. Translating the content
Once the purpose and target audience are identified I start translating your content. In order to produce a smooth and accurate translation which brings you results I:
- Use my analytical skillsto choose the most suitable translation strategies.
- Use my research skillsto select the most appropriate terminology, find relevant parallel texts, linguistic corpora tools, and specialised dictionaries.
- Use my IT skillsto ensure consistency and time efficiency.
- Use my linguistic skillsto communicate your message effectively and in a natural way.
- Use my common senseto make sure the text is appropriate for the intended audience according to the purpose.
Step 3. Polishing the translation and delivering on time
Once the translation is completed, and as a quality control procedure, I carry out the final polishing where I:
- Proofread the text at least twice to ensure accuracy and readability (a quality procedure known as translator-revised translation).
- Edit and polish the final document to enhance naturalness (known as translator revised and additionally polished translation for publication).
I then deliver on time.
With this three-step process you can rest assured that your translation will be of the highest quality. You can relax knowing that I only accept translation work that I know I can translate to the highest standard.
Do you have a particular project that you would like to discuss? Get in touch.
Translation, transcreation, localization, voiceover? You name it! Given my background, qualifications, and personal interests, the focus of my work are creative and literary projects.
Don’t despair if your text is about a different subject. I have worked on projects as diverse as scripts for voiceover projects, inspirational fiction and non-fiction books, video games, corporate training materials and texts for marketing purposes, for example. Contact me. I’ll do my best to help you.
If the project is outside my own area of expertise I'll let you know and I’ll be happy to refer you to someone who is better placed to meet your requirements.
Respect people's time is a quality. You can rest assured that I'll always deliver your project on time. What do you need translated into Spanish today?
Like any Spanish translator, I am fascinated by languages and cultures. But unlike just any Spanish translator I also specialise in Mexican Spanish translations.
By focusing on my native variety of Spanish I can provide not only high quality services but also fast turnaround times.
Expertise in Spanish translation.
I can translate your:
With an MA in Translation, a BA in Marketing and five years’ experience in the book industry in Mexico, I understand the Latin American psyche and know how to speak to them. Moreover, after having lived in both Mexico and the UK I am able to understand both cultures not only at a linguistic level, but beyond. My experience and qualifications, combined with my passion for books and literature in general, have provided me with the ability and sensitivity to translate your books. Get in touch, my mission is to translate your texts into life experiences.
-> books, non-fiction books, short stories, yoga books
-> yoga, meditation, sustainability, international development
As a qualified translator and yoga teacher, I enjoy translating texts which uplift the human spirit in general. Moreover, after having worked in environmental and community volunteer projects, I also use this experience to help NGOs communicate effectively with their partner organisations worldwide so that they can work together and achieve their mutual goals. My mission is to translate texts which promote well-being in general.
I can translate your: